Welcome to Sumter Career and Adult ED!
Let us help you...
Click here to print our brochure, a step towards success!
Learn more about us! Listen to our Profile!
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT - Congratulations to Joey Steen!! Graduate of the HVAC program! Earned HVAC Excellence Air Conditioning Industry Credential! We're proud of you Mr. Steen!!
CNA Challenge Course - Begins Sept. 14. This 30-hour class will help you prepare to challenge the Florida CNA exam. Meets 10 nights. Click HERE for the flyer. Register at Sumter Adult ED in Sumterville.
AIR CONDITIONING, HEATING AND REFRIGERATION I PROGRAM - 3 courses leading to an entry-level Mechanic I certificate
Next Class - January 11, 2016 - Click Here for Flyer!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR GED!
Five things to know about discounted retakes
“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” That’s what we tell our students, right? Now it’s even easier with the discounted retake program.
Here are five things to know
about discounted retakes:
1. Candidates who don’t pass get two discounted retakes for every subject purchased. This benefit is for every candidate - not just those who purchase all four tests at once.
2. The discounted rate is automatically calculated in the MyGED™ shopping cart – no code needed.
3. Discounted retakes are good for 12 months after the initial test attempt.
4. GED Testing Service waives their $20 testing fee, so Florida candidates are only responsible for the state fee of $12 per test.
5. Candidates can test three times on the same subject without waiting. After the third attempt, they have to wait 60 days before trying again.
To learn more about the discounted retake program, visit www.gedtestingservice.com/2014retakeprogram.
Getting credentials for your Florida High School Equivalency Diploma
Beginning January 1, 2014, the fee for test credentials increased to $15 for each duplicate diploma or transcript requested.
Effective February 1, 2014, all diploma verifications will be handled through the duplicate diploma and/or transcript request process described below.
Duplicate diplomas and transcripts will no longer be able to be picked up in person after January 31, 2014.
- For diplomas earned on or
after January 1, 2014:
Duplicate credential requests can be made by logging in to your myGEDTM account. Use the login at the top right of the page. Select the My Scores tab and click the Order Duplicates button on the Scores page.
- For diplomas earned prior
to January 1, 2014:
Effective February 1, 2014, you can request your credentials from GED Credentialing".
- For requesting credentials
on behalf of a GED® test taker
If you are requesting credentials on behalf of a GED® test taker.
EARNED YOUR GED®? What's the next step?
Consider the following options:
Sumter Adult and Community Education Center - Currently running C.N.A. and HVAC programs!
Lake Sumter State College - numerous career certificate and A.S. degree programs
Online Colleges -
Need translation - type text into http://translate.google.com/.
GED Success Stories - Meet Sandra.
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sumteradulted
Follow us on Twitter @SumterAdultED
Proud Funding Partner of United Way of Lake and Sumter Counties
Florida Department of Children and Families: Abuse Reporting Portal - Dial 1-800-96-ABUSE