Welcome to Sumter Career and Adult Education!
Let us help you...
Click here to print our brochure, a step towards success!
|****GED Graduation Pictures - go to http://sumter.smugmug.com/2014-GED|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR GED!
Five things to know about discounted retakes
“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” That’s what we tell our students, right? Now it’s even easier with the discounted retake program.
Here are five things to know
about discounted retakes:
1. Candidates who don’t pass get two discounted retakes for every subject purchased. This benefit is for every candidate - not just those who purchase all four tests at once.
2. The discounted rate is automatically calculated in the MyGED™ shopping cart – no code needed.
3. Discounted retakes are good for 12 months after the initial test attempt.
4. GED Testing Service waives their $20 testing fee, so Florida candidates are only responsible for the state fee of $12 per test.
5. Candidates can test three times on the same subject without waiting. After the third attempt, they have to wait 60 days before trying again.
To learn more about the discounted retake program, visit www.gedtestingservice.com/2014retakeprogram.
Getting credentials for your Florida High School Equivalency Diploma
Beginning January 1, 2014, the fee for test credentials increased to $15 for each duplicate diploma or transcript requested.
Effective February 1, 2014, all diploma verifications will be handled through the duplicate diploma and/or transcript request process described below.
Duplicate diplomas and transcripts will no longer be able to be picked up in person after January 31, 2014.
- For diplomas earned on or
after January 1, 2014:
Duplicate credential requests can be made by logging in to your myGEDTM account. Use the login at the top right of the page. Select the My Scores tab and click the Order Duplicates button on the Scores page.
- For diplomas earned prior
to January 1, 2014:
Effective February 1, 2014, you can request your credentials from GED Credentialing".
- For requesting credentials
on behalf of a GED® test taker
If you are requesting credentials on behalf of a GED® test taker.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO the MATHEMATICAL REASONING TEST
As of Friday, February 21, 2014 the standard time allowance on the GED® test - Mathematical Reasoning will be increased by 25 minutes for a total time of 115 minutes.
Test-takers with a Math test already scheduled for delivery on or after February 21, 2014 will automatically receive the extended time on their test.
Test-takers who have already taken the Math test will be eligible for a free retake
Test-takers will be notified by email that they are eligible for a free retest and to contact the customer service center at 1-877-EXAM-GED.
Test-takers who have not yet taken or scheduled the Mathematical Reasoning test will automatically receive the benefit of the extended time.
The content and cost of the test remain the same.
Find Online Colleges at AccreditedOnlineColleges.org/
Need translation - type text into http://translate.google.com/.
GED Success Stories - Meet Sandra.
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sumteradulted
Follow us on Twitter @SumterAdultED
Florida Department of Children and Families: Abuse Reporting Portal - Dial 1-800-96-ABUSE